This page has moved to a new address.

Development of Oral Insulin Looming Closer?

<www.diabetes24-7.blogspot.com>

08 December 2005

Development of Oral Insulin Looming Closer?

India: Pre-Clinical Trial for Administering Oral Insulin Completed
Transgene Biotek, one of the first biotech research companies in India, announced yesterday the development of an oral insulin to be administered via drops. Now that the company has completed pre-clinical trials, they will initiate steps to move into the next stage of Clinical Trials - Stage 1 in Europe and India.

I find this information important as I belive most people who are insulin-dependent would probably rather take a few drops orally than inhale a powder...

We all may want to keep our eye on this company!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hey! My name is Allison, and I'm manager of the Diabetes OC. Just saw your comment over at Diabetes Mine, and I'm adding you to the list of diabetes blogs at the Diabetes OC. The Diabetes OC is the "official website" for the diabetes online community. Tons of blogs are linked here, if you're looking for more reading material, I suggest you check it out.

My person blog is lemonlemonade.blogspot.com - Lemonade Life! "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!"

Or as my friend recently said "When life hands you lemons, throw it back and tell it you asked for an orange." :-)

Catch ya later.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Snouffer said...

Thanks for your support Allison! I will check out Diabetes OC and look forward to keeping in touch.

Elizabeth

11:11 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Amazing to think that oral insulin is that close to becoming a reality... I'd love to learn more about how it actually works.

My 10-year old son was dx'd type 1 just over a year ago. He's been wearing an insulin pump since 5 mos post-dx. If he could ever take insulin orally instead, my God, what a wonderful thing that would be!

I'm adding a link to your blog this afternoon...

Look forward to reading more on your site!

Sandra

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home