This page has moved to a new address.

Diabetes ID: To Wear or Not to Wear?

<www.diabetes24-7.blogspot.com>

06 February 2006

Diabetes ID: To Wear or Not to Wear?

The question isn’t should you wear or not; the question is do you choose to?

A special bracelet was made especially for me as a gift; only the charm has the medic alert insignia on it with diabetic written on the underside. It is so tiny, I have often wondered if a paramedic would even notice it given an emergency.

Decidedly, it is the minimum i.d. I could possibly wear. I also carry the diabetic identity cards in my wallet, which I believe could be very useful, unless I am found unconscious without my wallet -- a very likely scenario!

As I began a new job today, and as I rushed to take my daughter to school and make it into Kensington on-time, it occured to me -- why am I playing with fire? It is such a simple, practical issue. Why have I neglected this one fine, but critical point?

Am I too confident?

Hmmm…I think it is time that I considered the implications of not wearing an authentic diabetes ientification.

Here is a list of resources for those who are in a similiar state to me! I have heard Lauren's Hope has great things (I would always choose items with a higher visiblity quotient at this point) and is reliable.

Diabetes UK Link Page

Children With Diabetes has many good links on where to buy

Lauren's Hope

Feel free to add to my list with your suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I don't currently wear any ID, but I have a bracelet. I should wear it, I know, but it annoys the heck out of me and I feel self conscious. I am thinking about ordering a new one from heree: http://www.aboutmejewelry.com/

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home